Pre-publication copies of books, also know as “advanced reading copies,” “ARCs,” and “galleys,” are one of the perks of being a librarian. Now, we want to share our perks with you! Introducing: Advance Readers Club.
Our Advance Readers Club is open to readers who love to read new things & share their love of great books. Read and review preview copies of books before they are released to the public. Your review may even be used on the Patchogue-Medford Library website or email newsletter! You must apply for membership in the club. Submit your application here!
Here’s how it works:
Send us a 100-word review of a favorite book that answers these questions:
– Title and author
– What did you like (and dislike) about the book?
– How would you describe this book to someone else who might want to read it?
– Why did you choose to read this book? How did you hear about it?
– What other books would you recommend to readers who like this book?
– What genres of books to you like to read most?
– Participants may select one book per month from an emailed list of titles
– Advance copies are available on a first come, first served basis
– By submitting your review, you agree to let us use it in both in the library and online
– Advance copies must be picked up in person at the library