- Play board games together with your family. Invite your friends to join and play such favorites as Candy Land and Junior Monopoly.
- Go sledding. Don’t forget to dress warmly and wear a bike helmet for your safety.
- Visit the Patchogue-Medford Library and check out our list of available museum passes. We have added two more locations, Heckscher Museum of Art and the Cradle of Aviation Museum. Please see a librarian at the Reference Desk for further details.
- Create a cardboard box house and decorate with different colored construction papers.
- Make a pinecone bird feeder using peanut butter.
- Draw winter pictures with your favorite playmate. Take a photo of your picture and mail it to a family member.
- Come to the library and check out winter books. Take turns reading to your friends. Try out our technology games available at the children’s reference desk. Can’t wait to see you!
- Build an indoor fort at home using blankets, pillows and large boxes. Use a flashlight at night to read your favorite book.
- Make paper snowflakes and tape them to your windows and at different places in your home. Be creative and try out new designs.
- Purchase pizza dough and make your own different types of pizza.
Come and register for the following programs from
Monday, February 19th through February 23rd.
Pita House in Medford – Tuesday, February 20th, 3 -4 pm
Celebrate the 2018 Chinese New Year of the Dog –Wednesday, February 21st 1-2 pm, For grades K-3
Honey Bunny Storytime – Wednesday, February 21st, 4:30-5:00 pm, For 12-35 months
PML Winter Olympics, Friday, February 23rd, 2-3 pm, For grades K-5
All Aboard. Friday, February 23rd, 4-4:45 pm, For 2 1/2 – 5 years
Patchogue-Medford residents, please call us at 631 654-4700 ext 261 for additional information about registration and further details.