The Library Budget Vote and Trustee Election will take place in-person at the Library between 9:30 AM and 8:00 PM.
VOTER REGISTRATION INFORMATION
In order to vote in a Library District election, a person must be:
- At least 18 years of age on the day of the vote
- A citizen of the United States.
- A resident of the Patchogue-Medford School District for at least 30 days
- Registered to vote.
A person is registered to vote if they have voted in a general, school district or library district vote in the past 4 years. It is not necessary to register each year. If they are not registered to vote, they may register in person at one of the following locations:
- At the Library on Tuesday, March 23rd from 11 am – 8 pm.
- With the Suffolk County Board of Elections in Yaphank either by mail (NY State Voter registration cards are available at the Reference Desk) or in person at the local Board of Elections. Call (631) 852-4500 for information.
- At the Patchogue-Medford Library by requesting a Voter Registration Form, between the hours of 9:30 – 4:00 p.m. on any school day up to March 31st .
ABSENTEE BALLOT INFORMATION
NYS Education Law and Election Law require that people who request an absentee ballot must fill out an application. The actual ballot will then be mailed to them. Applications for an Absentee ballot will be available any time that we are open – they are at the Reference Desk.
Note: If the ballot is to be mailed the application must be received by 4 pm on March 30th . If the patron is picking up the ballot is must be received by 4 pm on April 5th.