World Cinema Streaming Video
The World Cinema streaming video collection contains classic and contemporary feature films from around the globe, including the United States, Latin America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East, and Africa.
With more than 470 feature films this unique collection includes the best from the silent era as well as groundbreaking directors from all over the world. World Cinema includes American and European masterpieces from the mid-20th century as well as award-winning contemporary films and titles from Africa (and the African diaspora). The collection shines a light on the history of cinema while also providing a glimpse into the cultures and issues from countries around the world.
The collection contains masterpieces and award winning films directed by some of the most famous names in the history of cinema, including:
- Fritz Lang
- Jean Renoir
- Sergei Eisenstein
- Alfred Hitchcock
- Akira Kurosawa
- Buster Keaton
- Charlie Chaplin
- Orson Welles
- Frank Capra
- Federico Fellini
- Roberto Rossellini
- Satyajit Ray
- Joseph Von Sternberg
Broken down by region some of the highlights include:
- German film — Fritz Lang’s “Metropolis” and Josef Von Sternberg’s “The Blue Angel.”
- French cinema — films by Jean Renoir.
- Japanese film — films by Akira Kurosawa and Kenji Mizoguchi.
- Soviet era film — Sergei Eisenstein’s the “Battleship Potemkin.”
- British film — pre-Hollywood films of Alfred Hitchcock.
- Italian film — Federico Fellini and “The Bicycle Thief” by Vittorio De Sica.
- Indian film — classics by Satyajit Ray.
- Turkish and Middle Eastern film — award winners from Turkey, Iran, Egypt, Israel, and Palestine, etc.
- Latin American film — award winning contemporary films from Mexico, Brazil, Cuba, Chile, and Ecuador, etc.
- Chinese language film — Cannes Palme d’Or winner “Farewell My Concubine.”
And Best of all
All accessible with the comfort and ease
of a Patchogue-Medford Library card!!