Summer Reading 2020
Join and Report
Family Activity Guides
Imagine Your Story:
Summer Reading for All Ages
- Get Started: Register online or try the app!
- Choose your adventure: Create a unique journey through our game board by completing the activity quests found in each box. (Paths do not need to be completed in order). Printable PDF Quest Board.
- Reading: Reading a book can be substituted for any of the suggested quests.
- Prizes: Complete 5 quests and win a prize. Complete 5 more and win again! For each quest you complete you will be entered into a raffle to win the Grand Prize. (All prizes will be awarded after August 15).
- Teens: Teens in Grades 6-12 have extra prize opportunities — complete 15 quests to finish the adventure and get your Explorers T-shirt or continue on and complete 25 quests to receive your special Club 25 Sweatshirt!
- Questions? See the FAQ.
Online Events and Activities
Themed Weekly Activities Guide
This Week: Imagine Your Story as a Chef
Events and More From
Our YouTube Channel:
Find a Book
Get Book Recommendations
eBooks & Audiobooks
All of these services offer ebooks or audiobooks entirely for free!
All you need is your library card to get started. If you don’t have a library card, apply for a card online.
Overdrive / Libby
Overdrive, and their app, Libby have:
Sesame Street eBooks
Sesame Street eBooks has:
- eBooks for Kids
- Audio eBooks
- Animated eBooks
- Interactive eBooks
Tumble Book Library
Tumble Book Library has:
Get Book Recommendations
Find Your Next Book on NoveList
NoveList is an online resource that provides book recommendations based on appeal factors, curated lists, and read-alikes for titles you enjoy.
Subscribe for regular book recommendation emails — more than 20 genre options available!
Ask a Librarian
Get a book recommendation directly from one of your friendly neighborhood librarians!
Summer Reading FAQ
You don’t need a library card to sign up, however we recommend getting one to download books and movies and to use all our databases and streaming services. You can apply for a library card online.
The Imagine Your Story summer reading program is open to all Patchogue-Medford district residents. If you are out of district, try contacting your district library for summer reading club information.
No! You can make this adventure all your own. Just remember to log your quests to earn prizes and raffle tickets.
Yes you can! Feel free to choose the adventure that suits you best. Make sure to sign up on READsquared or with a librarian for the path you choose.
There is no specified amount -- read for as long or as little as you’d like!
You can log your quest by using the “Other Quests” boxes. You will earn points for these quests as well.
Adults and Fairytale Friends (Children) earn a raffle ticket for each quest completed and a prize after completing their 5th and 10th quests.
Epic Explorers (Teens) earn a raffle ticket for each quest completed and a prize after completing 5, 10, 15, and 25 quests.
You can complete as many quests as you’d like, but only one raffle ticket per logged quest/book will be awarded, regardless of how many times you complete the quest. In addition, prizes can only be earned one time.
All prizes will be awarded after August 15th.
The method of awarding prizes is dependent upon the criteria set by NYS due to COVID-19 and will be updated accordingly.
We can’t tell you that 🙂
Visit https://pmlib.org/downloads/ for links to the websites and apps for these services.
Yes, you can read books from your home library.