Summer Reading 2020
Join and Report
Family Activity Guides
Imagine Your Story:
Summer Reading for All Ages
- Get Started: Register online or try the app!
- Report remotely: Make an appointment to verbally report on your summer reading club books either online via Zoom, or with a phone call.
- Choose your adventure: Create a unique journey through our game board by completing the activity quests found in each box. (Paths do not need to be completed in order). Printable PDF Quest Board.
- Reading: Reading a book can be substituted for any of the suggested quests.
- Prizes: Complete 5 quests and win a prize. Complete 5 more and win again! For each quest you complete you will be entered into a raffle to win the Grand Prize. (All prizes will be awarded after August 15).
- Teens: Teens in Grades 6-12 have extra prize opportunities — complete 15 quests to finish the adventure and get your Explorers T-shirt or continue on and complete 25 quests to receive your special Club 25 Sweatshirt!
- Questions? See the FAQ.
Online Events and Activities
Themed Weekly Activities Guide
Each week this summer our librarians put together a themed list of activities, crafts, virtual tours, library programs, and reading recommendations for children and families.
You can now find these guides on the Book Lists and Activity Guides page.
Events and More From
Our YouTube Channel:
Find a Book
Get Book Recommendations
eBooks & Audiobooks
All of these services offer ebooks or audiobooks entirely for free!
All you need is your library card to get started. If you don’t have a library card, apply for a card online.
Overdrive / Libby
Overdrive, and their app, Libby have:
Sesame Street eBooks
Sesame Street eBooks has:
- eBooks for Kids
- Audio eBooks
- Animated eBooks
- Interactive eBooks
Tumble Book Library
Tumble Book Library has:
Browse in Person
The Library is open! You may come into the Library to browse for materials.
Appointments are recommended to visit the Carnegie Library. No appointments necessary for the Main Library.
Everyone coming into the Library will be limited to one-hour per day and are required to:
- Submit to a temperature check prior to entry
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Keep physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people
- Exit the library promptly after completing their transactions
- Avoid congregating, gathering and lingering
Reserve Books Before You Come In
You can place your holds yourself through the online catalog, or have a librarian reserve items for you. At this time some items may take longer to obtain than others.
Contactless Pickup Available
Make an appointment to pick up library books, DVDs, and other materials, without coming into the library building.
Get Book Recommendations
Find Your Next Book on NoveList
NoveList is an online resource that provides book recommendations based on appeal factors, curated lists, and read-alikes for titles you enjoy.
Subscribe for regular book recommendation emails — more than 20 genre options available!
Ask a Librarian
Get a book recommendation directly from one of your friendly neighborhood librarians!
Summer Reading FAQ
You don’t need a library card to sign up, however we recommend getting one to download books and movies and to use all our databases and streaming services. You can apply for a library card online.
The Imagine Your Story summer reading program is open to all Patchogue-Medford district residents. If you are out of district, try contacting your district library for summer reading club information.
No! You can make this adventure all your own. Just remember to log your quests to earn prizes and raffle tickets.
Yes you can! Feel free to choose the adventure that suits you best. Make sure to sign up on READsquared or with a librarian for the path you choose.
There is no specified amount -- read for as long or as little as you’d like!
You can log your quest by using the “Other Quests” boxes. You will earn points for these quests as well.
Adults and Fairytale Friends (Children) earn a raffle ticket for each quest completed and a prize after completing their 5th and 10th quests.
Epic Explorers (Teens) earn a raffle ticket for each quest completed and a prize after completing 5, 10, 15, and 25 quests.
You can complete as many quests as you’d like, but only one raffle ticket per logged quest/book will be awarded, regardless of how many times you complete the quest. In addition, prizes can only be earned one time.
All prizes will be awarded after August 15th.
The method of awarding prizes is dependent upon the criteria set by NYS due to COVID-19 and will be updated accordingly.
We can’t tell you that 🙂
Visit https://pmlib.org/downloads/ for links to the websites and apps for these services.
Yes, you can read books from your home library.