Here is some important information to take note of:
- Town will Waive Boat Ramp Fees starting on Friday, Oct 2nd
- Call 451-TOWN (8696) to report storm-related issues.
- If you see downed wires during this time, DO NOT GO NEAR THEM and report them to PSEG immediately at 1-800-490-0075. To report a Highway related issue, please call 631-451-9200.
- Keep your cell phone fully charged and use it as little as possible in case of a power outage. Quickly report an outage by texting “OUT” to PSEGLI (773454). This requires one time registration. To register text REG to 773454.
- Review the Town of Brookhaven’s Official Hurricane Survival Guide for Important Information on what to do before, during, and after a Hurricane
- Town of Brookhaven Emergency Notification: Code Red – Town of Brookhaven’s Notification system for weather and public safety emergencies that uses a database of listed phone numbers.
- Ready.gov has a list of basic supplies necessary for a Disaster Kit
Important Phone Numbers and Websites:
American Red Cross on Long Island – 516-747-3500
Red Cross of Long Island Website – Visit their website to learn valuable information about safety preparedness, and to download their emergency mobile apps, including a Pet First Aid app.
Town of Brookhaven – 631-451-8696
Town of Brookhaven Website – Contains information on preparing for any potential hazardous weather. Also contains a link to a map of storm surge zones and Shelters (Shelters not currently updated as of 10/1).
National Grid – 1-800-490-0075
National Grid of Long Island – Contains information on Energy and Gas Safety
PSEG Long Island – 1-800-490-0075
PSEG of Long Island – Contains information on current outages, their social media accounts and safety preparation tips. Also includes information for children/families, provided in English and Spanish with characters from Sesame Street.