Digital Movies, Music and More – Instantly Available – 24/7 – Free with your Library Card!
Thank you for being a loyal library cardholder of Patchogue-Medford Library! We are excited to announce hoopla digital: a new digital media service provided to you, our patron, through which you may access and enjoy over 600,000 titles, from six different formats: Movies, TV, Music Albums, eAudiobooks, eBooks, and Comics/Graphic Novels. All in one location, from your computer, tablet or Smartphone!
With hoopla, there are no hold lists, no extra apps or accounts needed or special steps to use it.
It just works!
On a mobile device, borrowed content may be temporarily downloaded and accessed offline or, in either the app or on a computer, all borrowed content may be enjoyed while connected to the internet by streaming.
Come see what all the hoopla’s about:
- To register for and enjoy hoopla digital for free with your library card, please download the hoopla digital app from your Apple or Google Play store on your mobile device. Look for the hoopla app from Midwest Tape. If you are using a computer, you may visit https://www.hoopladigital.com/ and click on the blue “GET STARTED” button. In the apps look for the “Sign Up” link.
- Once you have downloaded the app to your device(s) and/or clicked on the hoopla digital link on our website, you will be prompted to choose Patchogue-Medford Library as your home library, then to enter your your library card barcode number or username AND your library card PIN/Password. Finally you will be asked to enter an email address and create a password for the Hoopla digital service. The system will validate that you are in good standing with the library, so that you may begin to browse, borrow, and enjoy the content.
- Once you borrow a title on one device it is automatically available via all devices with the hoopla digital app and via your PC web browsers (IE 8+, Firefox 12+, Safari 5+, Chrome 19+).
- When using hoopla you will be able to begin streaming the content immediately. You can also download content to view at a later date (in case you won’t have Wi-Fi on that camping trip).
- You will be allowed to borrow 5 titles each month. On the first of every month your count will reset to 5
- Video lends for 72 hours
- Music lends for 7 days
- Audiobooks lend for 21 days
- You are able to access (view/listen to) borrowed content as often as you want during the checkout period and you can return any borrowed title whenever you want.
We really love this service. It is easy to use and provides our library patrons instant access (again, with no waiting!!) to any titles they want. As a Patchogue-Medford Library cardholder, you may borrow up to 5 titles per month.
Thanks again for your patronage and support over the years! We hope you enjoy hoopla digital and look forward to your feedback!