Patchogue-Medford Friends of the Library
The Friends of the Library organization was formed to help the Library maintain its role as a center for learning, enjoyment and public service. The Friends work to promote closer ties between the public and the Library. We are a not-for-profit organization, staffed completely by unpaid volunteers.
The books, magazines, CDs and videos that we sell on our Thrift Shelf or at our special sales are all discards and donations from the public. The money we receive is spent funding library programs and special needs. We are also actively engaged in community outreach programs. Donations are accepted through the library.
Contact us for information about our monthly meetings.
Gifts to the Library
- Display case for lower lobby exhibits
- Overhead video and DVD projector
- Computer-equipment and printers
- Sponsor the Battle of the Books team
- Support for Library programs
- Copier for Long Island History Room
- Cash awards for superior work in research fundamentals for Patchogue-Medford High School students
- Two scholarships for seniors who pursue higher education at college or who attend a business or trade school
- Sponsor SAT workshop for students in need
- Maintain a thrift book shelf
- Supply books and magazines to hospitals for patients and waiting areas
- Supply books to schools for ESL, Remedial Reading and Resource Room pupils
- Fund summer and after-school programs for local children
- Send books, videos and CDs to our armed forces
- Send books to Veteran’s Hospitals, correctional facilities and soup kitchens
- Donate baskets of books to local charitable groups for their fund raisers