Temporary Online Resources Card
Did your card expire? Don’t know where you put your library card, or never had one? Pre-register for 90-day access to electronic resources.
Who can get a Library Card?
Everyone who resides in the Patchogue-Medford School District is entitled to a library card.
In addition, some non-residents are eligible for cards.
How do I get a Library Card?
Come to the Library and bring proof of residence in the Patchogue-Medford School District and identity.
Acceptable proof of residency/identity include:
Any one of the following:
- Current NY State Driver’s License
- Current Government issued picture ID with name and address
Or, any two of the following (items must be current and show address):
- Automobile registration
- Automobile insurance
- Bank statement
- Cancelled check
- Utility or credit card bill
- Voter registration postcard
Don’t have any of these? If necessary a postcard can be sent from the library to your address for verification. Come to the Main Desk or call 631-654-4700, x213 to discuss your options.
Children & Teens
Birth – Grade 5
Come to the Library with a parent/guardian (parent must have proof of residency).
Come to the Library with a parent/guardian (parent must have proof of residency),
OR, come to the Library with your Patchogue-Medford School district student ID to get a local-use only card. A parent signature is required for a full access card.
Come to the Library with your Patchogue-Medford School district student ID,
OR, come to the Library with other proof of residency/identification.
OR, come to the Library with a parent/guardian (parent must have proof of residency).
Non-Resident Library Cards
Library cards are available for non-residents who:
- Are owners of a business located in the district. Proof of ownership is required.
- Are employees of a business or school located in the district. Proof of employment is required.
- Own assessable property in the district. Proof of property ownership is required.