Get a Library Card
What do I need to get a library card?
Children & Teens
Grades 6 - 8
Acceptable Proof of Residency/Identity:
Acceptable proof of residency/identity include:
Any one of the following:
- Current NY State Driver’s License
- Current Government issued picture ID with name and address
- Current Lease
- Current Tax Bill
Or, any two of the following (items must be current and show address):
- Current automobile registration
- Automobile insurance
- Bank statement
- Cancelled check
- Utility or credit card bill
- Voter registration postcard
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days
Non-Resident Library Cards
Library cards are available for non-residents who:
- Are owners of a business located in the district. Proof of ownership is required.
- Are employees of a business or school located in the district. Proof of employment is required.
- Own assessable property in the district. Proof of property ownership is required.
- Live or work on Fire Island (from Kismet to Watch Hill)