Get a Library Card
What do I need to get a library card?
Proof of residence in the Patchogue-Medford School District and proof of identity.
Children & Teens
Birth - Grade 5
A parent/guardian with proof of residency/identity.
Grades 6 - 8
A parent/guardian with proof of residency/identity,
OR, your Patchogue-Medford School district student ID card, to get a local-use only card. A parent signature is required for a full access card.
Acceptable Proof of Residency/Identity:
Acceptable proof of residency/identity include:
Any one of the following:
- Current NY State Driver’s License
- Current NYS issued picture non-driver ID card with name and address
- Current Lease
- Current Tax Bill
Or, any two of the following (items must be current and show address):
- Current automobile registration
- Automobile insurance
- Bank statement
- Cancelled check
- Utility or credit card bill
- Voter registration postcard
- Mail postmarked within the last 30 days
Don’t have any of these? If necessary a postcard can be sent from the library to your address for verification. Come to the Main Desk or call 631-654-4700, x213 to discuss your options.
Non-Resident Library Cards
Library cards are available for non-residents who:
- Are owners of a business located in the district. Proof of ownership is required.
- Are employees of a business or school located in the district. Proof of employment is required.
- Own assessable property in the district. Proof of property ownership is required.
- Live or work on Fire Island (from Kismet to Watch Hill)