Board of Trustees
Budget Vote, Trustee Election and Public Hearing
The annual budget vote and trustee election will be held on Tuesday, April 4 from 9:30 am to 8:00 pm.
There will be a public budget hearing on Tuesday, March 28 at 6:00 pm.
In order to vote in a Library District election, a person must be:
- At least 18 years of age on the day of the vote
- A citizen of the United States
- A resident of the Patchogue-Medford School District for at least 30 days
- Registered to vote
Meet the Candidates!
No statement available.
I feel I have experience to offer the community.
No statement available.
It is an honor to serve on the Board of the Patchogue-Medford Library because of its commitment to the residents of our community. The staff is anxious to work with the patrons on exciting children’s programs, giving advice to seniors, and teaching all types of technology. Students of all ages can receive help with school work, children can read to a dog, and everyone can enjoy fine music and art presentations. I have tried to play a small part in the growth of this outstanding library, and our newest addition in Medford, which is very exciting! I would much appreciate your continued support.
Voter Registration Information
A person is registered to vote if they have voted in a general, school district or library district vote in the past 4 years. It is not necessary to register each year. If they are not registered to vote, they may register in person at one of the following locations:
- At the Library on Tuesday, March 28th from 11 am – 8 pm
- With the Suffolk County Board of Elections in Yaphank either by mail (NY State Voter registration cards are available at the Reference Desk) or in person at the local Board of Elections. Call (631) 852-4500 for information
- At the Patchogue-Medford Library by requesting a Voter Registration Form, between the hours of 9:30 – 4:00 p.m. on any school day up to March 28th
Absentee Ballot Information
NYS Education Law and Election Law require that people who request an absentee ballot must fill out an application. The actual ballot will then be mailed to them. Applications for an Absentee ballot are available upon request any time the Library is open.
Note: If the ballot is to be mailed the application must be received by 4 pm on March 28th. If the ballot will be picked up, the application must be received by 4 pm on April 3rd.
The Board meets at the Library at 5:30 p.m. on the third Wednesday of each month.
The Patchogue-Medford Library is governed by a Board consisting of five elected Trustees. Each Trustee serves a five-year term with one position coming up for election each year.
Minutes and Agendas
December 19, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
November 16, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
October 19, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
September 21, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
August 17, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
July 20, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
June 15, 2022 rescheduled for June 21, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
May 18, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
April 20, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
March 16, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
February 16, 2022: Minutes and Agenda
- December 15, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- November 17, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- October 20, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- September 22, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- August 18, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- July 21, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- June 16, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- May 27, 2021 Special Meeting: Minutes and Agenda
- May 19, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- April 21, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- March 23, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- March 17, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- February 18, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- January 25, 2021 Special Meeting: Minutes and Agenda
- January 22, 2021: Minutes and Agenda
- December 18, 2020
- December 11, 2020 Special Meeting
- November 20, 2020
- October 21, 2020
- September 16, 2020
- September 3, 2020 Special Meeting
- August 26, 2020
- August 4, 2020 Special Meeting
- July 15, 2020
- June 18, 2020
- May 20, 2020
- May 14, 2020 Special Meeting
- April 22, 2020 Special Meeting
- March 25, 2020 Special Meeting
- March 18, 2020
- February 26, 2020
- February 3, 2020 Special Meeting
- January 15, 2020
On October 19, 2021, the Governor signed S1150A/A1228A into law. Now Chapter 481, this requires that open meeting documents be available upon request or posted to the public body’s website at least 24 hours prior to the open meeting at which the documents will be discussed. Here is a link to the new law if you wish to review it: https://nyassembly.gov/leg/?bn=A01228&term=2021