The Library will reopen on Wednesday, July 8, 2020, for what we’re calling “Walk-through Service.” This means that a limited number of people at a time will be able to use the Library during regular business hours to:
- Browse and check out books and DVDs
- obtain copies using our new copy center
- Speak with a Librarian
- Use a public computer
All walk-ins will be limited to one-hour per day and are required to:
- Submit to a temperature check prior to entry
- Wear a face covering at all times
- Keep physical distance of at least 6 feet from other people
- Exit the library promptly after completing their transactions
- avoid congregating, gathering and lingering
No meeting rooms or in-person programs will be scheduled at this time. No daily paper newspapers or children’s toys will be available for the time being. All of these procedures are a part of the Library’s NYS Reopening Safety Plan and adheres to guidelines set forth by the local government. It is our intent to give the best service we can given these parameters.
The Carnegie Library will be open by appointment only to start. Walk-ins will only be accepted if space allows. You can make an appointment here.
Please remember, you can do a lot of library business without coming into the building! Have a book or a list of DVDs that you want to check out? Call us, and we’ll pull them for you. You can pick up at curbside and never have to walk in the building. Please call, email, or chat with us on the website and we’ll work with you. Some other things you can do:
- Ask questions and get answers via email, chat, phone
- Ask for something to be printed and then pick up curbside
- Ask for book/DVD recommendations and then pick up curbside
- Download and stream books, audiobooks, movies, music, and magazines for free from your personal device
- Attend a virtual one-on-one appointments with a career counselor, social worker, or immigration counselor
- Attend a virtual program or support group via GoToMeeting (check the calendar)
Please understand, while we are excited to see you and take this next step, we want to do our part to help keep our community safe. With that in mind, please consider all of your options before coming in, and let us help you in new ways. Keep checking back to see about any updates or changes in this service plan, and as always, please call the director with any questions.