2020 General Election Voting Basics – PML Edition
I am registered to vote. What are my voting options for the 2020 General Election?
ABSENTEE VOTING: If you do not wish to vote in-person, you may vote with a mail-in absentee ballot. To do so, you must first apply for an absentee ballot:
- Online by October 27 (absenteeballot.elections.ny.gov).
- By mail postmarked by October 27* (that is, no later than 7 days before November 3rd, Election Day). You can pick up an application at the Reference Desk of the Patchogue-Medford Library, or print one out at suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/BOE/InvitationtoBid.
- By phone (631-852-4515), fax (631-852-4590), or e-mail (Absentee.firstname.lastname@example.org) by October 27: visit suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/BOE/Absentee-Voting-FAQ for further details.
- In-person at the Suffolk County Board of Elections office by November 2 (700 Yaphank Avenue, Yaphank, NY 11980)
*Note on the Oct. 27th deadline to apply for an absentee ballot by mail: The Post Office has advised that they cannot guarantee timely delivery of ballots applied for less than 15 days before an election, so if you plan to ask for the ballot to be mailed to you, the sooner, the better!
Once you have completed your absentee ballot and are ready to vote, you have options:
- If you would like to return your absentee ballot by mail, it must be postmarked by November 3rd.
- You may drop off your absentee ballot in person at any of 12 Early Voting Sites in Suffolk County between October 24th and November 1st (visit: suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/BOE/Early-Voting-Sites-11-3-2020.
- You may drop off your absentee ballot to a county Board of Elections office through November 3rd.
- You may drop off your absentee ballot at a polling location on Election Day, November 3rd.
The Suffolk County Board of Elections is located at: 700 Yaphank Avenue, Yaphank, NY 11980. To learn more about absentee voting in Suffolk County, visit the Suffolk County Board of Elections website: http://www.suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/BOE/Absentee-Voting-FAQ.
Early voting is available to registered voters in Suffolk County from October 24th through November 1st at any of 12 Early Voting Sites listed by the Suffolk County Board of Elections. Hours vary throughout the week. For a complete list of Early Voting locations in Suffolk County and their schedules, visit: suffolkcountyny.gov/Departments/BOE/Early-Voting-Sites-11-3-2020.
VOTING ON ELECTION DAY:
Registered voters can vote at your assigned polling place on Election Day, November 3rd, from 6:00am-9:00pm! To find your regular polling location, use the Voter Lookup tool provided on the New York State website: https://voterlookup.elections.ny.gov/.[Continue reading]